Twitter assignment


In order to get a better sense about what all the Twitter hype is about, who uses it well, and how you should be using it either for business or for building your own personal brand, I am asking everyone to dive in and give it a try if you're not already an active user.
If you don't already have a Twitter account then sign-up for one and if you have one that has been neglected, revisit it. You do not need to tweet or fill out the bio field or picture if you're not comfortable.
Then find at least 15 people to follow. You can follow news agencies, celebrities, classmates, experts in your field of interest, retailers- anything that is interesting or might be valuable to you. Now try to check your Twitter feed once a day and follow any new users that you come across that interest you.
The point of this is to get more comfortable with the tool and see how it can be valuable in many different ways. This task will hopefully also help you come up with questions or better understand my upcoming presentation on community building and social media marketing.

Then, for whoever is comfortable sharing their Twitter handle, I will create a class Twitter list that everyone can follow. Just post your username in the comments.

5 Response to "Twitter assignment"

  1. I started one for my blog a while ago: DownWithGT . I also put some questions about it on my first class blog post, if anyone thinks they can answer. - David Schupak

    For those of you interested, I have responded to some of David's questions as a comment over at his blog: http://myotherblogisfiner.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-i-found-useful-use-for-twitter.html?showComment=1297360079494#c3498735778038837674

    Emily says:

    Hi Trista, my Twitter name is "emilyedge."

    Lesley says:

    Hi Trista, my Twitter name is lesley1719.

    Beverlie says:

    My twitter username is peiposveb.

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates